As from 2014 the OAC/OPDT will make available awards for achievements in four different categories.
You are cordially invited to make nominations with regard to the period 1 January 2018 to 29 March 2019 of candidates who, in your opinion, qualify for one or more of these awards. Nominations with reference to the following four categories will be considered:
- Best doctoral thesis;
- Best master's degree treatise;
- Best article in a scientific journal;
- Outstanding contributions by an individual, which promotes the OAC/OPDT's objectives.
It is important to note that the OAC/OPDT's objectives will be used as criteria to judge the achievements of the candidates nominated in the abovementioned categories.
In order to achieve its objectives the OAC/OPDT make funds available for:
- Research that will promote the local production of protein for animal consumption on a sustainable basis, to replace imported protein.
- Research aimed at enhancing the optimal utilisation of protein by animals.
- The effective transfer and/or promotion of such results in a meaningful manner to the end user.
The award in each category comprises a certificate and R6 000 in cash.
In order to qualify for these awards, your nominations, accompanied by a short motivation, must reach the OAC/OPDT not later than 29 March 2019.